Course Name: Scaffolding Erection & Inspection
Course No: NUTC-AO-SEI-01
Course Length: 3 Days
Enquiry: [email protected]
COURSE AIMS: To provide delegates with theoretical and practical guidance on the safe use and construction of tube and coupling scaffolds, and the inspection of said scaffolds. Pre-fabricated aluminium scaffolds can be included in this training, provided the training can be conducted on site, with aluminium scaffolding provided by the client.
COURSE OBJECTIVES Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Describe the scaffold members and fittings used in scaffold construction.
- Explain the terms used in scaffold construction.
- List the common causes of accident from working with scaffolding.
- Outline the format of a scaffold inspection.
- Perform a scaffold inspection.
- Practical build, inspect and disassemble a scaffold in a safe way (Erection & Inspection).
- Compile a scaffold inspection report, a remedial report and be fully confident in the use of the Scafftag© System.
- Scaffolding safety.
- Terms and definitions.
- Scaffold material and fittings. (According to British Standards)
- Basic access scaffold requirements.
- Protection of Scaffolding Equipment.
- Other scaffold structures (pre-fabricated aluminium and/or steel)
- Aluminum tower scaffold (Static tower, movable tower, box).
- Scaffolding Inspection
- Scafftag© use & procedures
- Practical (Erection & Inspection).
- Scaffolding reports
DELIVERY Delivery consists of classroom theory and practical. A knowledge assessment is undertaken based on the classroom material, with successful candidates proving their competence within the scope of the subject. Certificates are issued to those displaying the required level of understanding and have a validity period of two years.
TARGET AUDIENCE: All personnel who are involved in the safe use of Basic access and aluminum tower scaffolds
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Command of English Language
CERTIFICATION: A unique numbered Numero Uno (NUTC) certificate will be issued to all successful participants